Weight and Lifespan
The US Surgeon-General has clearly highlighted the health risks of obesity. In addition, recent weight studies have shown the following associations between weight and life-expectancy/lifespan:
- People who are overweight (aged 40) are likely to suffer a reduced lifespan of least three years, compared to those of normal weight.
- In terms of life expectancy, being fat during middle age is on a par with smoking.
- Overweight, non-smokers reduced their lifespan by an average of three years.
- Obese female non-smokers reduced their lifespan by an average 7.1 years.
- Obese male non-smokers reduced their lifespan by 5.8 years.
- Morbidly obese men – (BMI > 45) – reduced their lifespan by up to 13 years.
Fastest Possible Weight Loss for Life – No Gimmicks!
For the fastest possible weight loss, use Diet Plan. Packed with delicious food, “brilliant” weight-motivation tips, plus advice on exercise and nutrition, it’s the BEST VALUE diet program on the Net.