Do You Need Vitamin Supplements When Dieting
Reducing calories can lead to reduced nutrition. If you eat a healthy, balanced weight loss diet, supplementing your diet with vitamin tablets is not necessary, although it won’t do you any harm, providing you choose a multi-vitamin supplement.
Don’t forget, vitamins and minerals work as a TEAM. So it’s best to take a supplement that raises your intake of all vitamins, rather than a pill containing just one vitamin.
When Vitamin Supplements are More Important
1. If you are unable to eat foods from all main food groups.
2. If you are following a very low calorie diet.
3. If you are ill, or have a medical condition.
4. If you are under great stress.
5. If you smoke or are a heavy drinker.
6. If you work for a vitamin company (whoops! Just kidding!)
If you fall into any of these categories, it is a good idea to take a good quality multi-vitamin-mineral supplement, and follow label instructions.
Just remember: you get what you pay for.
As always, if in doubt, consult your doctor.
Great Tips on Diet Motivation
If you’re looking for a healthy diet plan, with lots of practical tips on diet motivation, choose
Diet. Includes advice on all weight loss issues, like exercise, food and nutrition. Perfect for healthy weight loss and long term weight control. For information, click Diet Preview.