South Beach Diet-Type Recipes
The South Beach Diet is a doctor-designed low-carb weight loss plan. If you’re a fan of low carb eating plans like the South Beach Diet, here are three low carb recipes to try out. They are taken from Ann new Low Carb Diet
Total calories and carbs are listed for each of the three low carb recipes, and calories are given for each of the food items.
Cheese Topped Chicken & Mashed Cauliflower (Calories 334) (Carbs 12g)
5 oz (140g) (raw weight) boneless, skinless chicken breast (162)
2 tbsp (1 oz/28g) shredded/grated low-fat cheese (70)
1 medium tomato, sliced (35)
1/4 tsp black pepper; 1 tsp olive or canola oil (45)
4 oz (110g) cauliflower flowerets (florets) (25)
1 tsp (5g) light butter (17)
1. Beat the chicken breast to flatten, place in oven dish and drizzle oil over.
2. Cook, covered in foil, in oven preheated to 180 degrees, for 20 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from oven, top with sliced tomato, cheese, grill until cheese melts.
4. Boil or microwave cauliflower until soft, mash with butter and pepper.
Salmon Filet with Mayonnaise & Vegetables (Calories 355) (Carbs 10g)
5 oz (140g) (raw weight) salmon filet/cutlet (250)
1 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise (50)
5 cherry tomatoes (30)
1/2 cup (3 oz/85g) cooked broccoli (25)
1. Place salmon under hot broiler/grill together with the tomatoes.
2. Cook for 5 minutes on both sides, turning once.
3. Top the salmon with mayonnaise and serve with cooked broccoli.
Stir-fried Turkey Strips & Salad (Calories 417) (Carbs 11.5g)
6 oz (165g) (raw weight) boneless, skinless turkey breast (172)
2 tsp olive or canola oil (90)
1 clove minced/chopped garlic
1/4 tsp paprika
2 cups (5 oz/140g) lettuce (Cos/Romaine are best) (20)
1 cup (4 oz/110g) sliced cucumber (10)
6 cherry tomatoes (30)
1 tbsp reduced-fat dressing (50)
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (45)
1. Cut the turkey breast into thin strips and sprinkle with paprika.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet/pan, add the turkey strips and cook quickly turning all the time, for 4-5 minutes.
Want to Lose Weight on a Low Carb Diet?
Related Low Carb Diet Links: