Shrink Stomach By Eating Less? Information About Reducing Stomach Size
If I Eat Less, Will My Stomach Eventually Shrink?
The stomach is a muscular organ – about the size of your hand – that stretches when full and returns to normal when empty. This stretching of the stomach is only temporary.
The only way to reduce the size of your stomach permanently is to undergo gastrointestinal weight loss surgery.
For more information on gastrointestinal weight loss surgery, please click these links:
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Adjustable Gastric Banding (AGB)
- Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (VBG)
- Roux-en-Y-Gastric Bypass (RGB)
- Biliopancreatic Diversion (BPD)
- Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS)
- Risks of Weight Loss Surgery