- There are 4 calories in each gram of protein.
- Protein contains the same number of calories as carbohydrates.
- Protein is essential for good health, but it is better to reduce your intake of high-calorie animal protein (e.g. from cheese and meat) and eat a little more lower-fat and lower calorie vegetable protein (e.g. from beans, soybeans, lentils, nuts.)
- The best way to obtain the right amount of protein (and calories) is to follow a balanced diet, as outlined in the Food Pyramid Guidelines.
- If you are trying to lose weight, it is best to follow a diet plan which is low in fat, high in healthy carbohydrates with modest amounts of protein and 1200+ calories.
- High protein, low calorie diets are not recommended, neither are very low calorie diets, irrespective of protein content.
Personal Weight Loss Support
When you join Weight Loss Program, you become part of a wonderful weight loss community with full access to the No 1 support forum on the Internet. Ann’ calorie-controlled diet-plans include: low calorie, low cholesterol, low carb, vegetarian as well as her best-selling GI Diet. Plus you get great tips on easy calorie savings, diet-motivation, what exercise is best for calorie expenditure, what exercises burn most calories, how to adapt your calorie-intake according to your weight, information about nutrition