Is It Dangerous To Become Pregnant If I’m Very Overweight?
If you are obese (BMI 30+), then I would advise you to try and lose some weight before becoming pregnant.
To begin with, obesity tends to make it more difficult to conceive. Also being seriously overweight and pregnant increases the risk of diabetes and high blood pressure during pregnancy.
For specific advice about pregnancy and overweight risks, please see your doctor.
- Weight Increase During Pregnancy
- Risks of Unhealthy Weight Gain
- Health Complications of Obesity For Pregnant Moms
- Obesity in Pregnancy: Risk of Birth Defects
- Diet Nutrition and Pregnancy
- Folic Acid Needs When Pregnant
- Iron Needs
- Calcium Needs
- Nutrition for Expectant Mothers
- Foods to Avoid When Pregnant
- Nutritional Resources
- How to Lose Weight After Pregnancy
- How to Control Weight When Breastfeeding