Calorie Savings – Port & Wine
Port is not the ideal diet drink if you want to lose weight.
Remember: losing weight means controlling calories. We need to reduce our calories-intake until it is LOWER than our calorie-expenditure.
Calories – Port
- 4 fl oz ruby port contains 185 calories.
- Two drinks a week adds up to 370 calories, per week.
- That’s 19,240 calories per year.
Better Calorie-Choice – Red Wine
- 4 fl oz red wine contains 95 calories.
- That’s 190 calories per week; 9,880 calories per year.
If you substitute wine for port in this way, you save 9,360 calories per year.
Weight Loss Consequences of this Calorie Saving
9,360 calories per year is the equivalent of 2.6 pounds of weight.
An Easy Calorie-Controlled Diet Plan
Collins Weight Loss Program is an easy calorie-controlled diet plan with wonderful advice on diet motivation. And it costs a fraction of other weight loss plans.