Fat and Calorie Content of Mayo
Mayo contains about 80 per cent fat.
- 1 tbsp contains about 12 grams of fat and 110 calories.
- Time Taken to Burn Off the Calories in 1 Tablespoon of Mayo
- Aerobics (active) – 14 minutes
- Golf with trolley – 36 minutes
- Dancing energetic 16 minutes
- Jogging 5mph – 13 minutes
- Swimming steadily – 13 minutes
- Walking 3mph – 22 minutes
Note: These figures are approximate. They are based on a 150 pound woman.
For more information about fat & calories in all popular foods, see: Calories – Exercise & Calories – Best/Worst Calorie Choices
Mayo & Weight Loss
The calorie and fat content of regular mayo is too high for most dieters. A sensible daily fat quota for a 1200 calorie diet is about 30g/day.
So 1 tbsp mayo used up about 40 per cent of your fat allowance.
If you adore mayo but want to lose weight, choose a low fat variety. But go easy.