Contents of Low Cholesterol Diet
Cholesterol-Lowering Diet provides the following daily average values for calories, fat and cholesterol.
- Calories – 1200 per day
- Total Fat – 22 grams per day (17% of calories)
- Saturated Fat – 4 grams per day (3% of calories)
- Dietary Cholesterol – 120mg per day.
- Every meal in the diet is accompanied by its calorie, total-fat, saturated-fat and cholesterol content.
- The diet is also rich in dietary fiber, especially soluble fiber.
- The diet’s cholesterol and fat values are based on recommendations from: (1) The National Cholesterol Education Program’s Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults, or ATP III; (2) The American Heart Association.
Cholesterol-Lowering Diet provides an average of 1200 calories per day. Depending on your gender and how much weight you have to lose, you may increase this to 2000+ calories, by choosing from a wide range of calorie-controlled snacks. Along with a complete 4-week eating plan, which includes 40 delicious recipes, a full shopping list is provided for each week of the diet. If you need to lower your cholesterol, you’ll LOVE this diet.
Lots of Exercise Advice to Lower Blood Cholesterol
Regular exercise is an important factor in cholesterol-reduction. By following the exercise guidelines and information provided in the Members Area, you will improve your physical fitness and help to further reduce your cholesterol levels.
What Kind of Cholesterol Reduction Can You Expect?
Generally your blood cholesterol level should begin to drop 2 to 3 weeks after you start the cholesterol-lowering diet. Over time, you may reduce your level 30-55 mg/dl. The reduction in your blood cholesterol level depends on several factors, including: the amount of saturated fat in your present diet, your blood cholesterol level prior to starting your new diet and how responsive your body is to your new diet.
This Weight Loss Diet is Designed For…
This diet is perfect for anyone who wants to reduce their cholesterol and lose body fat at the fastest possible speed. Alternatively, use it as an extremely healthy diet.
Low Cholesterol Diet
1. The diet includes full cooking instructions and TONS of different recipes.
2. The diet includes a range of food substitutions plus facts about cholesterol.
3. Each meal includes values for calories, fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.
360 calories, 7g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 3mg cholesterol
Traditional Oatmeal, Honey, and Apple
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup fat free milk
1.5 oz oats [dry rolled oats]
2 tbsp oat bran
1 tsp honey
1 apple, chopped
1. Put the water and half the milk in a pan and sprinkle in the oats.
2. Bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
3. Serve with remaining milk, apple, oat bran and drizzle with honey.
Calories 65, 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol
8 dried apricot halves
307 calories, 9g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 41mg cholesterol
Salmon, Tomato on Toast with Salad
1 slice whole grain bread
1 large tomato, sliced
3 3/4 oz can salmon, drained
1 cup salad leaves
1 cup sliced bell peppers
1 cup sliced cucumber
Lemon juice and black pepper
1. Mix salmon with lemon juice and black pepper and serve on toast topped with the sliced tomato.
2. Serve with salad, drizzled with lemon juice.
Calories 70, 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol
344 calories, 5.5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 86mg cholesterol
Stir-fried Chicken Breast, Veggies and Rice
4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tsp olive or canola oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup mushrooms
1 small red onion
1 sliced red bell pepper
1 clove minced garlic
3 tbsp [dry weight] brown basmati rice
1. Thinly slice the chicken and vegetables.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet, add the garlic, chicken and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce and vegetables, continue cooking for 4-5 minutes. 4. Serve immediately with cooked rice.
1146 calories, 21.5g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 130g cholesterol
Your daily meals on this diet contain an average of 1200 calories. Depending on your gender and how much weight you have to lose, you may increase this to 2000+ calories, by choosing from a wide range of calorie-controlled snacks.