No, bread is not fattening. An average slice of bread contains about 70 calories.
For details, click: Calorie Chart Showing Calories in Bread
Remember: Bread makes us full before it makes us fat!
Bread Calories & Health
- Choose whole wheat bread for extra nutrition and stomach-filling qualities.
- Use only a thin coating of butter or spread.
- When making savoury sandwiches, add plenty of salad.
- Don’t be afraid of bread – it’s a nutritious food and good for weight loss.
- That said, some bread-products ARE high in calories.
- A 2oz muffin contains about 165 calories.
- A 4oz chocolate chip muffin is high in calories (350-400) and fat (15g+).
- A 2oz croissant is also high in calories (240) and fat (12g).
Personal Weight Loss Support
When you join Weight Loss Program, you become part of a wonderful weight loss community with full access to the No 1 support forum on the Internet. Ann’ calorie-controlled diet-plans include: low calorie, low cholesterol, low carb, vegetarian as well as her best-selling GI Diet. Plus you get great tips on easy calorie savings, diet-motivation, what exercise is best for calorie expenditure, what exercises burn most calories, how to adapt your calorie-intake according to your weight, information about nutrition