US Dietary Guidelines recommend 2 to 4 servings of fruit and 3 to 5 servings of vegetables each day
What counts as a serving?
1 medium apple or orange or banana
1/2 cup of chopped, cooked, or canned fruit
1/4 cup of dried fruit
3/4 cup of fruit or vegetable juice
1 cup of raw leafy greens (little smaller than a softball)
1/2 cup of cooked vegetables
What sort is best?
Frozen and canned fruits and vegetables can be just as nutritious as fresh.
More Weight Loss Questions
- Help to Lose Weight
- What is a Healthy Weight?
- How to Reduce a Fat Belly?
- How is Obesity Treated?
- What are the Health Risks of Obesity?
- Obesity and Breast Cancer
- What Causes Weight Gain?
- How to Reduce Mid-Life Weight Gain?
- How to Manage Weight and Depression?
- Hypothyroidism, Weight Gain & Diet
- Unexplained Weight Loss
- How to Estimate a Healthy Weight?
- What is Your Ideal Weight?
- What is the Ideal Weight For Women?
- What is the Ideal Weight For Men?
- What are Healthy Cholesterol Levels?
- How to Lower Cholesterol
- What is GI Diet Method?
- What is a Healthy Diet?
- What is Healthy Eating?
- What is the Best Way to Lose Weight?
- Should You Count Calories or Carbs?
- How Fast Can You Lose Weight?
- Best Weight Loss Forum
- Do Artificial Sweetners Help Weight Loss?
- Calorie Content of Foods
- How Much Protein do I Need?
- How Much Dietary Fat do We Need?
- How Much Fruit Should I Eat?
- Losing Fat from Thighs
- Fast Weight Loss
- How Can I Reduce my Sweet Tooth?
- Weight Loss After Pregnancy
- Weight Loss Postpartum
- Weight Gain During Menopause
- Weight Control During Menopause
- Is Chromium Good for Weight Loss?
- What are the Best Weight Loss Goals?
- Why Does Weight Reduction Stop?
- How to Lose Last 10 Pounds of Weight
- How to Lose Weight After Pregnancy
- How to Control Weight Breastfeeding
- Is Water Beneficial For Weight Loss?
- How Much Water Do We Need to Drink?
- How Many Calories Are Used by Exercise?
- Best Type of Exercise to Burn Calories?
- Teen Weight Loss Tips
- Help For Overweight Children
- Why Does Weight Loss Slow Down?
- Will Exercise Make Me More Hungry?
- What Are the Causes of Obesity?
- Excess Weight and Heart Attacks
- Which are the Healthiest Fats/Oils?
- Which Cooking Oil is Best for Weight Loss?
- Is Olive Oil Good for Weight Loss?
- Diet Nutrition
- Calories & Exercise
- What is the Best Low Cholesterol Diet?
- What is the Best Low Glycemic Index Diet?
- What is the Best Low Carb Diet?
- What is the Best Diet For Fast Weight Loss?
- What is the Best Weight Loss Program?
- How Much Weight Can You Lose?
- Will I Gain Weight if I Quit Smoking?
- Can I Reduce My Stomach?
- What is Overweight?
- Quick Way to Estimate a Healthy Weight
- The Height-Weight Table
- How Many Calories Should I Eat? (male)
- How Many Calories Should I Eat? (female)
- Is Alcohol Bad for Weight Loss?
- Dieting and the Energy Dip/Gap