HeartHealthyWomen.org is a joint project of the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, the Office on Women’s Health of the Department of Health and Human Services, and WomenHeart: the National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease.
- Provide women with in-depth, up-to-date information on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of heart and blood vessel diseases
- Eliminate gender and racial disparities in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease
- Increase the participation of women in clinical trials of cardiovascular disease
coronavirus live update
You can trust the information you find on HeartHealthyWomen.org because all our articles are reviewed by our advisory board of more than 25 leading experts in women’s heart disease and women’s health. The Medical Director of HeartHealthyWomen.org is Alexandra J. Lansky, MD, a practicing cardiologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center in New York and Director of the Women’s Cardiovascular Health Initiative at CRF.
- About Dr. Lansky
- About the Women’s Heart Health Initiative
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF) is an independent, non-profit academic institution dedicated to improving the survival and quality of life of individuals with cardiovascular disease. CRF launched the Women’s Cardiovascular Health Initiative in 1995 in accordance with their commitment to promote excellence in women’s cardiovascular medicine by addressing gender disparities and improving the treatment and outcomes of women with heart disease.
The Office on Women’s Health (OWH) in the Department of Health and Human Services works to address inequities in research, health care services, and education that have historically placed the health of women at risk. In November 1998, OWH launched The National Women’s Health Information Center, a broad-based website for women’s health information, to advance women’s health research, services, and public and professional health education.
WomenHeart is the nation’s only patient advocacy organization representing the 8 million American women living with heart disease. It aims to promote early detection, accurate diagnosis and proper treatment of women. Served by a Scientific Advisory Board of prominent women cardiologists and women’s health advocates, WomenHeart offers support, information and advocacy programs for women heart patients.
The Heart Healthy Women Team
- Medical Director: Alexandra J. Lansky, MD
- Director, Web Sites: Joshua D. Hartman
- Content Coordinator and Medical Writer: Cody Pietras
- Web Development: Ben Eberle
- Project Manager: Tricia Rawh
- Multimedia: Jeff Chamlee
- Copyeditor: Scott Wallick