Q. What is a quick way to estimate a healthy weight?
Healthy Weight For Women
- Allow 105 pounds for 5 feet.
- If you are taller, add an extra 5 pounds per inch.
- If you are shorter, subtract 5 pounds per inch.
- The healthy weight range will be about 10 per cent either side of the final figure.
Example of Healthy Weight (Women)
If you are 5 feet 2 inches, allow yourself 105 pounds plus 2 x 5 pounds. This totals 115 pounds. The healthy weight range for a woman of 5 feet 2 inches is therefore approximately 103-127 pounds.
Healthy Weight for Men
- Allow 110 pounds for 5 feet.
- If you are taller, add an extra 6 pounds per inch.
- If you are shorter, subtract 6 pounds per inch.
- The acceptable weight range will be 10 per cent either side of the final figure.
Example of Healthy Weight (Men)
If you are 5 feet 10 inches, allow yourself 110 pounds plus 10 x 6 pounds. This totals 170 pounds. The healthy weight range for a man of 5 feet 10 inches is therefore approximately 153-187 pounds.
Healthy Weight and Age
Note: If you are 35 years or older, you may allow yourself an extra 8-10 pounds. Applies to both women and men.
Healthy Weight – Approximations Only
These healthy weight ranges are approximate only.