US Dietary Guidelines for Healthy Eating
- Eat a variety of foods to get the energy, protein, vitamins, minerals, and fiber you need for good health.
- Balance the food you eat with physical activity – maintain or improve your weight to reduce you chances of having high blood pressure, heart disease, a stroke, certain cancers, and the most common kind of diabetes.
- Choose a diet with plenty of grain products, vegetables, and fruits which provide needed vitamins, minerals, fiber, and complex carbohydrates, and can help you lower your intake of fat.
- Choose a diet low in fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol to reduce your risk of heart attack and certain types of cancer and to help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Choose a diet moderate in sugars. A diet with lots of sugars has too many calories and too few nutrients for most people and can contribute to tooth decay.
- Choose a diet moderate in salt and sodium to help reduce your risk of high blood pressure.
- If you drink alcoholic beverages, do so in moderation. Alcoholic beverages supply calories, but little or no nutrients. Drinking alcohol is also the cause of many health problems and accidents and can lead to addiction.
Diet, Weight Loss and Dietary Guidelines
You can’t separate weight loss from healthy eating: they are totally intertwined. Because a well nourished body loses weight faster than an undernourished body. So if you want to lose weight fast, without regaining it, follow a healthy balanced diet based on the Dietary Guidelines.
See also Balanced Diet
Sources include: US Dept of Agriculture.
Easy Weight loss Diet
Want to lose weight? NO PROBLEM! You need Diet Program
It’s packed with delicious foods and “brilliant” weight-motivation tips, and it’s UNBELIEVABLE value! Easiest, best value diet program on the Net!