Why Men Become Overweight
In my experience, most men become overweight for 4 reasons.
- They drink too much
- They take less exercise than a brick
- They eat too much red meat
- They eat too much fast food
Weight Loss Advice for Men
Be sensible about alcohol.
You don’t have to give up
Take some regular exercise.
You don’t have to jog your butt off
Eat less red meat.
You don’t have to eat lentils
Eat less fast food
Home cooked food isn’t necessarily slow food
Remember – Heart Attacks Kill Men
They kill women, too. But not as quickly.
One of the main causes of heart disease is bad eating habits, like:
- Too much fast food.
- Too much saturated fat.
- Not enough fresh fruit & vegetables.And of course insufficient exercise!
Check Your Cholesterol and Weight Stats
- Get your cholesterol & blood pressure checked every year
It’s a fast, simple procedure.
- Watch your waist-hip ratio
The bigger your belly, the greater the heart-risk.
Check Your Waist-Hip Ratio
- Maintain a healthy weight
Check Your Body Mass Index
Check Your Ideal Weight
Don’t wait until you’re in the ER to find out about your cholesterol and blood pressure. You may not survive that long.