Here is a sample of an 1800-calorie eating plan for men. It includes three meals and three snacks, all of which should be eaten at regular intervals throughout the day.
How Much Weight Will You Lose?
If you are male and weigh 185 pounds or more, this type of diet plan should help you lose about 2 pounds of fat per week. If you are male and weigh less than 185 pounds, you should lose about 1 pound per week.
1800 – Calorie Diet Plan For Men
Breakfast [440 calories]
- Half-cup granola cereal, with chopped banana and fat-free milk. [400 calories]
- Large slice of melon, or serving of any berries. [40 calories]
Morning Snack [230 calories]
- 2oz whole wheat bagel with 2 tbsp cream cheese
Lunch [420 calories]
- Wrap or Pita, with tbsp low-fat mayo, any lean meat, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, lettuce, beets. 
- Glass (8 fl oz) of orange juice. [120 calories]
Afternoon Snack [175 calories]
- 1 slice whole wheat bread. [75 calories]
- 1 tbsp peanut butter. [105 calories]
Dinner [425 calories]
- 4oz turkey fillet, or 3oz lean steak (broiled or boiled).
- Cup of cooked rice, or pasta.
- Cup of spinach (microwave).
- Half cup carrots (or any other microwave vegetable).
Evening Snack Options [About 130 calories]
Choose one snack and eat it at least 2 hours after dinner.
- Half-cup fat-free yogurt, with 6 chopped walnuts. [136 calories]
- Scoop of any low-fat ice cream, with any berries. [125 calories]
For more information, see Diet Meals
More Weight Loss Advice For Men
Losing weight involves more than improving your diet and reducing calories. Neither of these things are sustainable long term without an improved lifestyle, regular exercise and motivational support.