Cholesterol Diet – Lowering Blood Cholesterol by Diet
Lowering cholesterol levels requires making improvements to your diet, exercise routine, lifestyle (e.g. quit smoking) and other things.
Here are some specific improvements to make to your diet:
- Eat less high-fat food (especially those high in saturated fat)
- Replace part of the saturated fat in your diet with unsaturated fat
- Eat less high-cholesterol food (see below)
- Choose foods high in starchy carbohydrates and fiber
Cholesterol in Food
Cholesterol is found in eggs*, dairy products, meat, poultry, fish, and shellfish. Egg yolks and organ meats (liver, kidney, sweetbread, brain) are particularly rich sources of cholesterol. High-fat dairy products, meat, and poultry all have similar amounts of cholesterol. Fish generally has less cholesterol, but shellfish varies in cholesterol content. Foods of plant origin, like fruits, vegetables, grains, cereals, nuts, and seeds, contain no cholesterol.
* Experts still can’t agree whether eggs are bad or good for cholesterol reduction.
See also Healthy Heart Diet
Easy Weight loss Diet
Want to lose weight? NO PROBLEM! You need Diet Program
It’s packed with delicious foods and “brilliant” weight-motivation tips, and it’s UNBELIEVABLE value! Easiest, best value diet program on the Net!