360 calories, 7g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 3mg cholesterol
Traditional Oatmeal, Honey, and Apple
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup fat free milk
1.5 oz oats [dry rolled oats]
2 tbsp oat bran
1 tsp honey
1 apple, chopped
1. Put the water and half the milk in a pan and sprinkle in the oats.
2. Bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
3. Serve with remaining milk, apple, oat bran and drizzle with honey.
Calories 65, 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol
8 dried apricot halves
307 calories, 9g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 41mg cholesterol
Salmon, Tomato on Toast with Salad
1 slice whole grain bread
1 large tomato, sliced
3 3/4 oz can salmon, drained
1 cup salad leaves
1 cup sliced bell peppers
1 cup sliced cucumber
Lemon juice and black pepper
1. Mix salmon with lemon juice and black pepper and serve on toast topped with the sliced tomato.
2. Serve with salad, drizzled with lemon juice.
Calories 70, 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol
344 calories, 5.5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 86mg cholesterol
Stir-fried Chicken Breast, Veggies and Rice
4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tsp olive or canola oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup mushrooms
1 small red onion
1 sliced red bell pepper
1 clove minced garlic
3 tbsp [dry weight] brown basmati rice
1. Thinly slice the chicken and vegetables.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet, add the garlic, chicken and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce and vegetables, continue cooking for 4-5 minutes. 4. Serve immediately with cooked rice.
1146 calories, 21.5g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 130g cholesterol
Your daily meals on this diet contain an average of 1200 calories. Depending on your gender and how much weight you have to lose, you may increase this to 2000+ calories, by choosing from a wide range of calorie-controlled snacks.