Calories in Cappuccino
- A 14 fl oz Cappuccino w/ regular milk contains about 110 calories (6g of fat).
- A 14 fl oz Cappuccino w/ skim milk, contains about 60 calories & minimal fat.
- Adding 1 tbsp of syrup adds about 50 calories (and lots of refined sugar!)
- A medium cup of Mocha Frappuccino contains 390 calories (20 grams of fat)
- A medium Creme Frappuccino contains 470 calories (17 grams of fat).
- An Iced Caramel Macchiato contains 250 calories (9 grams of fat).
- A Caffe Mocha Espresso contains 370 calories (21 grams of fat).
Drink black coffee!
How To Save Calories
A useful guide to cutting calories is to avoid calorie-dense foods that are high in fat or sugar. These foods are too easily eaten. After a large main course we are not usually hungry, yet it’s easy to eat a large serving of high-calorie ice cream, or a creamy dessert. By comparison, it’s much more difficult to eat 4-5 large apples. Also, dietary fat has more than twice the calories (9 per gram) than carbs or protein (4 per gram), while excessive sugar can raise blood-glucose levels too rapidly and leave you hungry within a couple of hours. A better way to cut calories (and still feel full) is to choose high-fiber foods, such as vegetables, fruits, beans and whole grains. These foods tend to have a lower caloric content, and take longer to digest thus giving us a feeling of fullness for longer. Note: Cappuccino can be high in fat and calories!