Calorie Savings – Weight Loss – Beer
Choosing the right amount of beer is important if you want to lose weight.
Don’t forget, in order to reduce our weight, we need to reduce calories-in until it is LOWER than our calories-out. Exercise helps us to increase calories-out but we can also reduce calories-in by making better food calorie choices.
Higher Calorie Example – Beer
- A glass of beer contains about 145 calories.
- If you drink a total of six beers a week, that’s 870 calories.
- Or 45,240 calories, per year
Choose Lower Calorie
- Limit yourself to four beers a week.
- That’s 580 calories per week; 30,160 calories per year.
If you substitute 4 beers for your normal 6 beers, you save 290 calories per week, or 15,080 calories, per year.
Weight Reduction Consequences of this Calorie Saving
15,080 calories per year is the equivalent of 4.3 pounds of weight.